Tuesday, May 24, 2011

REDUNDANT: L.A. Noire


So I've gotten around to giving L.A. Noire a spin on the PS3 - and I can happily tell you that this simply isn't Grand Theft Auto Noire. This is a whole new beast. Sure, the vehicles and characters are controlled pretty much exactly like GTA, but that's really where the similarities end.

In L.A. Noire, you play as a cop named Cole Phelps. You start off as an average LAPD officer, but as you solve crimes and catch criminals, your rank increases, and you're able to move on to bigger more complex crimes (like homicide and arson).

One thing that must be mentioned - this game has some of the most amazing animation I have ever seen. It even impressed my wife, who said "The eyes don't look dead like they do in other video games" (which i agree with 100%). I'm barely into the game, but I can feel myself already being hooked by the story. This is a bit of a double edged sword because my wife is pretty hooked on watching the game unfold, thus I need to make sure she's around before I play.

Everyone really should at least give this title a try. This is some really cutting edge stuff, and it's only going to get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment