Monday, June 20, 2011

Zelda: OoT 3D and other things

So Zelda: OoT 3D has been released at last - and I think it was worth the wait. I picked up my copy Sunday morning as my local Target opened (more on this later), and have been making my way through the early stages of the game. While the core game itself should hold no surprises for anyone who's played it in the past, the graphical and audio overhauls made to this title are very impressive (here is a link with some pictures comparing the original release to the 3DS release. pretty sweet, eh?)

The touch screen makes dealing with your inventory a snap (not to mention the persistent map - VERY handy). Basically this may be an old title, but if you own a 3DS this is a must-have.

Zelda: OoT 3D brings with it a small discussion about video game street dates. Prior to 6/19/2011, my local target had the game on the shelf with a price tag. When I saw this I thought to myself "my what good luck!", however I was denied the sale and the copies were pulled and set aside for the 19th.

However - I find it awful curious that my Target had a small handful of copies (5-7 if i remember correctly) prior to the Sunday release, but when it came to open on 6/19/2011 - they only had a single copy on the shelf. At the end of the day I got my copy, but I really feel bad for anyone who got to the store after me looking for a copy. It seems pretty clear to me that Target was willing to break the street date for it's employees, thus giving them first crack at the stock.

Oh well... onto the next Temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment